Do you know that you can improve many health conditions if you use certain combinations of natural ingredients? One of these combinations that have been used for a long time successfully is cinnamon and honey.
Benefits of Honey
Honey can offer you many benefits. Some of them are:
- It can reduce symptoms of allergy.
- Due to the carbohydrate content, it can give you sugar energy. The fructose and glucose will quickly enter the bloodstream and give you an energy boost.
- Honey has antioxidants which feed the brain cells and improve the memory.
- It can also soothe the nerve endings and protect the throat which will keep it calm and it will alleviate coughs.
- Honey will increase insulin levels which will release the neurotransmitter serotonin. This way the body will turn it into melatonin, which helps with sleep.
- If you apply some diluted honey on the scalp, it will aid with itchiness and dandruff.
- Honey can also help in treating burns and wounds due to its antibiotic properties.
- Honey relieves herpes as well if you apply on sores. It works in a way that it draws the fluid from them.
- It also helps to restore the moisture of the whole body.
- Due to the antibacterial and antioxidant properties it has, it can boost the immune system in a natural way.
Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon offers a lot of benefits as well. For instance:
- It is rich in potent polyphenol antioxidants
- The antioxidant content in it will give anti-inflammatory effects which will lower the risk of disease.
- Cinnamon can improve the risk factors for heart disease like blood pressure, triglyceride, and cholesterol.
- It has been proven scientifically that cinnamon can increase the sensitivity to insulin.
- Cinnamon reduces fasting blood sugar levels and it has a potent anti-diabetic effect at 1-6 grams a day.
- Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it will reduce infections and fight off bad breath and tooth decay.
The Benefits of the Mixture of Cinnamon and Honey
- Reduces gas and bloating
- Helps digestion
- Reduces skin infections
- Helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- Great remedy for fatigue
- Minimizes joint pain
- Reduces hair loss
- Helps pimples disappear
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Helps the common cold
- Eases upset stomach
- Helps with gingivitis
- Fights tooth decay
- Aids in maintaining a healthy heart
- Helps with weight loss
You can take this mixture differently. On the one hand, you can add the ingredients to teas, smoothies or bread. On the other hand, you can use it as a paste as well.
Just add a teaspoon of cinnamon and two of honey to one cup of tea. Then, drink it all in one go or half in the morning and a half in the evening.
Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon, honey and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
That is all! Try this and enjoy all the benefits cinnamon and honey will offer you!